Fabrice Knecht is a Tango DJ based in Odense, Denmark. I am playing your Tango Music for your Practica, Milonga, Festival, Marathon. I have a professional international profile and play traditional Tango Music exclusively. I focus on playing Music which is suitable for dancing, as a Tango DJ I never play music I haven´t danced to before myself several times. A piece of music, a Tango that sounds beautiful is not necessarily easy to dance to. I am playing a creative and dynamic mix of orchestras from the mid 30s to mid 40s. In addition, I supplement with pieces that have been created before and after this golden period. Additionally, my choice is infulenced by the sense of the dance floor. My music is also tailored by the physical surroundings, the culture, the people and the atmosphere.
As an experienced tango dancer, I have learned that a good tango dj is essential when dancing. I am critical about music, and also expect that the dancers I play music to at a milonga are demanding as well. This makes the best of me. I take up this challenge when I play music, and through experience and continued learning I can offer high quality. My long experience as a tango dancer gives me a really good foundation for being a tango DJ. I have a well-developed observation sense and a good feeling for the situation at a milonga.
At the local Tango Association in Odense baila el tango I am responsible for choosing the DJ´s for the weekly Practicas and Milongas.
To develop as a tango dancer, I have from the beginnnig listened to plenty of tango music, several hours a day. At that time basically just because I love music and especcially this newely discovered Tango Music. Throughout the years this has not only developed me as a dancer, but also as a tango DJ. Several visits to Buenos Aires gave me an invaluable insight into what a good Tango DJ plays. And perhaps more importantly what a good Tango DJ does not play! The organizers of a Milonga appreciate my stability, I am a safe choice when it comes to traditional tango music.
Most of my Tunes I play are in .AIFF and .FLAC format which secures the best possible sound quality. My focus on the sound Quality is adding an important Part to the overall experience. Adjusting the Sound to the physical surroundings and picking the correct the sound Level are other parameters which are Important to give the dancers the best possible evening.
Tango DJ references
• Carablanca Milonga, London (United Kingdom)
• Berlinos Aires Milonga, Berlin (Tyskland), Tangoloft
• Cafe Milonga, Hamburg (Tyskland), El Abrazo
• Milonga Corazón, MonroyDance Neuchatel (Schweiz)
• Milonga Tangolounge Kantine5, Bremen (Tyskland) Studio Libertango
• Påsketango Milonga Tangomalevaje, Aarhus (Show Martin & Maurizio)
• Tangofestival Herning 2019, Tango Midtvest, Herning Kulturfestuge (Show Los Guardiola, Orkester Simone Tolomeo, Roberto Sarno, Patricio Moya Obel)
• Resident DJ Tirsdagspractica Odense
• Ansvarlig for udvælgelse af DJ´s i tangoforeningen
• La Petite Milonga, Odense
• Gran Milonga, Gran Hotel Odense
• Milonga Odense Teater
• Milonga Baila El Tango, Tangoforening Odense
• Tango Meets Salsa, Milonga Salsaforening Odense
• Lørdagsmilonga Tangoglad, Odense
• Milonga Blomsterfestival, Odense
• Practica Eventyrhaven, Odense
• Morbror Tage Milonga, Svendborg
• Forårsmilonga, Svendborg
• Lørdags Milonga, Vejle
• Milonga La Luna, Nicolai Scene, Kolding
• Forårsmilonga, Kulturhuset Fjorden Kerteminde
Tango DJ Fabrice Knecht
i play exclusevly traditional Tango music. My focus is the 30ties and 40ties, with a selection of addiional Tangos before and after the Golden Age
Known tango orchestras
D’ Arienzo, Di Sarli, Troilo, Pugliese, Biagi, Caló, Canaro, D’ Agostino, De Angelis, Fresedo, Laurenz,
Tanturi, Canaro, De Caro, Donato, Firpo, Lomuto, Orquesta Tipica Victor, Carabelli, Fresedo
What makes a good tango dj
I strive to get as many tango dancers to dancefloor as possible. I strive to give the dancers as may possibilities for dancing good tandas as possible.